I'm always at a loss for words. It's rather daunting sitting down in front of a blank page with that little black line blinking, waiting for you to entertain it with your words. I've always hated that little black line. Probably because I always stare at it when I don't have words or ideas running through my head. I associate it with a blank mind. And by "blank mind" I mean a mind with no productive thoughts. So often times I just sit and start typing the ideas in my head, productive or otherwise, hoping that something will come from this rather monotonous game I play with my brain. It always helps seeing your ideas written in black and white in front of you.
A reoccurring theme in my thought life, one that I am often times utterly blind to, is the fact that I am abundantly blessed. I mean really, really blessed. In this weekend alone I have done things that most people only dream about. Upon my return from Peru this summer I felt this burning sensation in my heart to do things. To better people's lives, to show them the joys that I consider myself entitled to. It may sound like a Coca Cola commercial but I wanted to spread the joy. I wanted to ignite in people the same fire I felt; a fire that only springs from one source; Christ. I pray daily that the flame in my soul doesn't become numb to His gifts. His continuous love and outpouring of things that I am not worthy of. In Psalm 103 it says that, "the Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love". I steadily pray that his abounding love never ceases to amaze me. I have to literally remind myself on an hourly basis to give thanks. I encourage you to do the same.
This may not be what you are thinking about. It may not be what you wanted to hear. You may have wanted me to make you laugh or perhaps even cry. So I'm sorry if this fell short of your expectations. I don't ask that you agree with me or even like what I have to say, but I would kindly ask you to please consider this...
Sarah, SARAH, i love your heart. i wish you could feel what passion i am saying that in...I LOVE YOUR HEART. you are wonderful, and i will definitely be thinking about that.
ReplyDeleteSarah, I love this, I love your blog. You're so amazing! Welcome to blog land. :)
ReplyDelete